Wednesday, September 5, 2007

After 20 minutes researching...

I just spent 20 minutes researching two questions
1. How are communicable diseases spread and
2. How are commuting patterns studied

I found a lot of sources for #1 and it basically looks like the diseases are simply spread through contact. I did find a lot of other information that categorized diseases in terms of their lethality, ability to be treated, how quickly and easily they spread, etc... I think some of this information could be helpful in explaining the importance of predicting where a quickly spreading disease may be spreading next.

I didn't so much related information for #2. Instead I found very detailed reports that provided information on how patterns have changed. I think that sifting trough the information to reveal the method used for researching commuting patterns will take more than 20 minutes.

I feel pretty stuck with my subject and overwhelmed with the amount of information to look through.

No comments: